Welcome to Life on the Streits!
Welcome!
So this is my foray into the world of blogging:) I've wanted to start my own blog for awhile, especially after reading and keeping up with some of my cousins via blog for quite a few years. I recently found myself with a whole week of spring break and no plans (more to come on that...) so I thought now would be the perfect time!
I hope you get some enjoyment out of reading my random adventures. If nothing else, it's a platform for me to sit down and write out what's going on at school, work, etc. (Aka a lot of complaining sharing in love about how done I am with homework....*sigh* such is the life of a college student:)
So first, a little about me.....
First and foremost, disciple of Christ. Walking with the Lord since 2013, by far the greatest adventure of my life. Thankful for His unending love, grace, and mercy.
Junior in college studying marketing (concentration in marcom & business analytics). Be forewarned - my marketing nerdiness will likely come out in my blog posts. If nothing else, this blog will help you be a more informed consumer:)
Part-time custodian for my church (very exciting, I know). I ask your forgiveness in advance if I start to get up on a soapbox....let's just say there are some very small things people could do (or not do) at church that would save me minutes hours days weeks a LOT of time....but I'll try not to rant too much:)
Faithful attender of the Washington and ICC-Bradley young groups. One of my favorite parts of this stage of life is time spent with the young group. Bible studies, singing, fellowship, eating together, just doing life together....pretty hard to beat. I'm incredibly thankful not just for these relationships, but that Jesus is the foundation of it all. My brothers and sisters in the young group continually challenge and point me back to Him above all else, and it's such a blessing to have a spiritually healthy peer environment to be in.
A few other, random things about me....:)
1) I always advise undecided college students to pick marketing...after all, it's the best.
2) Cajun trail-mix is by far the best snack ever to be invented (MUST be the Walmart brand)
3) My friends would tell you that I was born in the wrong generation....simply because I refuse to endorse any ridiculous idea that they come up with:)
4) I am easily excitable....if someone ever randomly sent me a pair of socks, pretty sure it would brighten up my day.
5) I have an irrational fear of spiders. Those of you who don't are probably rolling your eyes, but hopefully someone reading this blog understands. It's kind of a weird dichotomy - either they don't bother you or they terrify you. Anyone who is scared of spiders would understand.
6) I like to keep up with politics and elections. My family consults me about who to vote for, and pretty sure if we live in different states that I could name your two U.S. Senators faster than you could:)
So again, welcome to Life on the Streits! Glad to have you along on this journey! Stay tuned.....
In Christ,
Kyle
Oooo... do I win the award for longest continuously blogging cousin? :D
ReplyDeleteWhy yes, I believe so:)
DeleteWelcome to blog world!
ReplyDelete