And So 2021 Begins....
Hehe....so yeah, I kind of let this go for awhile. I realized today that my last post was the first day of school - last semester. Now, I'm about 9 days out from the beginning of the spring semester....anyway, I'm hoping to start posting consistently this year. (I have no idea if anyone is still following me....if nothing else, it's a way to document life:).
Here's a quick recap of the past 6 months:
- finished my first senior semester (all virtually)
- Kirk & Lexi's wedding
- traveled to Georgia and Florida over Thanksgiving (wedding + vacationing)
- Christmasy stuff
- somehow have managed to avoid COVID-19....(fingers crossed)
Yeah, it's not a long list. When you do school virtually (i.e. at home all the time), there's not much to record. Which, to be clear, is OK. I often tell people that I really don't like doing school online, but that overall, my lot in life is not a hard one. If the worst thing I have to put up with is doing school in my comfortable home, getting to spend more time with my loving family....
Speaking of home, I have moved out. Temporarily:)
A couple from our church is on a short-term missions trip for 3 months, so Eric H. and I are housesitting for them. It's been a fun experience so far and we haven't burned the house down yet, so that's good. I do most of the laundry and cleaning, and we cook together. We've actually made some fabulous dishes (broccoli cheese soup, chicken bbq tacos) and I've discovered that food tastes 10 times better when you make it yourself.
Christmas break has been relatively slow. I've been sleeping in, taking extra time for the Word, listening to good sermons/podcasts, and spending a lot more time than normal just thinking and pondering. Also, just trying to catch up on personal projects, prepping for the semester, keeping the house up, etc. Sometimes I get bored, but I remind myself that about 3 days into the semester I will be in a state of passionate longing for this:)
So yeah, that's where we are now. Hopefully, I'll have more exciting things to post about in the coming months and pictures to include.
In Christ,
Kyle
Comments
Post a Comment